(urth) Concrete

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Oct 29 13:55:33 PDT 2010

I agree that concrete is a tough technology to lose. The Romans had it.
If anything, modern improvements have only produced weaker,
shorter-lived but quicker-setting concrete.

I also agree that the spaceport would have included a flat concrete pad
at one time. Whether it still exists in Severian's time is another
question. But surely there wouldn't be any stones UNDER the rocket ships
that form the towers of the Citadel.

IMHO.