(urth) academic commentary

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Nov 29 19:24:31 PST 2010

Certainly literary criticism allows way too much leeway to critics
trying to make texts into something they are not, whether to establish
themselves or just make a splash. But I see your point.

I think I was thinking along similar lines when I suggested that Wright
merely had ideological/pedagogical blinkers on. I doubt Wright was
really being dishonest, but I think it's OK to get that possibility out
there and dispense with it, if possible.