(urth) Wind God

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 5 15:01:50 PDT 2010

Lee Berman wrote:

 But if Severian had doppelgangers who continued to
> appear in Typhon's realm healing and purifying lust and whatnot, perhaps Typhon really did accept that
> the Conciliator had superhuman powers, by the time he died on his couch.

Just to clarify: what I had in mind was reappearances at long
intervals (thus reconciling the 'thirty thousand years' thing with
Typhon's dates - though that might alos be explained through a change
of plan on Wolfe's part). More than one appearance in Typhon's reign
is also possible, though, I guess. (But I had an idea that Typhon died
shortly after Severian's meeting with him - does this have a
foundation?)