(urth) Wind god

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 13:17:21 PDT 2010

James Wynn wrote (05-11-2010 19:58):
> (...) "people" regularly, and irritatingly, declare things "proved" or
> proved false that have not in fact been proven.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions. Not to their facts. If the word
'green' isn't there, it isn't there, and repeatedly discussing why it *is*
there is inconsiderate.

> I don't find Lee's GUT compelling, but (...)

I'm not criticising his GUT (I'm all for everyone developing their own
contradictory and wild ideas - honest - what I'm not for is people making up
their facts and not even acknowledging that).

Except of course for what made the acronym pop up in the first place: 1)
it's a scheme that tramples evidence and as such tells us more about its
proponent than about the books, 2) it posits that the books follow a scheme,
which is unwarranted (and detracting, in my opinion).

> (...) people have made false jumps only to land serendipitously on some
> unlooked for fact

Could happen, but it's not a method.

> (such as the "red monkey" connections Lee brought up earlier --it was
> Lee right?).

Hard to tell when few respect the mingboggingly simple way of attributing
and replying to messages, but I think so, spurred by Ryan.