(urth) Wind God

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 4 17:30:44 PDT 2010

Lee Berman wrote:

 We are explicitly shown that Severian's modest
> accomplishments as Concilliator (a few healings, a resurrection, maybe some geological
> manipulation) are exaggerated into a society altering cult-figure.

I'm not sure of this. According to Dorcas's account of the Conciliator
he used to disappear and reappear, suggesting that Severian's trip to
Typhon's time is not the sole source of the legend. This may mean
either that there have been other, as yet unrecounted, appearances of
Severian, or that the Conciliator is a composite figure made up of
various people, of whom Jesus is, perhaps, the first, and Severian the
last.