(urth) Wind god

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 10:22:49 PDT 2010

>Jack Smith: Typhon is boring?  Why do you think so?

I don't think that. But if Wolfe thought he was boring he mind have added a
little wind to spruce him up a bit. I don't think that either. But perhaps
some do or are just content to eschew finding meaning to the wind reference.
I was just trying to be open to all interpretations.

>Gerry Quinn- And a whirlwind is different from a typhoon or sirocca.

Agreed and I appreciate this observation. (I don't find the typhoon
reference so relevant, myself). Learned that scirocco is the Italian word and
ghibli is the Arabic word for those searing hot desert winds.

Your mentioning whirlwind was poking at some vague memories and had to check:
Yep, Jahweh of the Old Testament appears as a whirlwind a number of times,
notably to Ezekiel, Elijah and Job. Maybe the pillar of cloud and pillar
of fire during the Red Sea crossing also?

Fits in nicely with sort of a GUT that is currently sort of congealing for me
lately. Will post some ideas when ready.