(urth) Shadow Children and Inhumi

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 07:06:53 PST 2010

On 11/29/2010 10:29 PM, Lee Berman wrote:
>> Gerry Quinn-  I think that's quite a stretch -
>> the text pretty much spells out what the>Shadow Children are.
> I think this was discussed in the past year so I'll try to keep it brief.
> Yes, The Old Wiseone clearly tells Sandwalker that the Shadow Children are
> the remnants of human beings who arrived on spaceships and have been stunted,
> deformed and indeterminate in number by their chewing of an addictive narcotic plant.
> I have no objection to those who find this answer satifying and sufficient.
> But I find a few plausible reasons to doubt the story.

One should beware of what the text spells out in a Wolfe novel. In an
interview, Wolfe referred to Sandwalker as a Shadow Child, which is not
surprising considering their psychic connection. But if the Shadow
Children are human then Sandwalker is human too, and then surely all the
abos are human and that is a step I cannot take.

u+16b9