(urth) god(s) and gods

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 04:00:22 PST 2010

James Wynn wrote (30-11-2010 00:09):
> On 11/29/2010 5:41 PM, António Pedro Marques wrote:
>> A little too straightforward to be true, inn'it?
>> To this day I haven't found an explanation I like for Pas. At the same
>> time, the name makes an enormous amount of sense to me. I can't help
>> thinking there must be some obvious association we're missing completely.
>
> I really don't understand why some people have a problem with Pan = Pas.

As I've said, I find it too simple. Gerry find it good on those grounds, I
don't. I feel everyone's overlooking something. Which may be brutally simple
as well - but only once you think of it, which nobody has.

Which is not to say that Pan isn't an association - and afaict especially on
sexual grounds -, the more since the text itself almost spells it out. But I
feel that's deceptive.