(urth) Antipolaric brothers

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 06:35:29 PST 2010

> Lee Berman-
> James I'm hoping you will explain what you mean about the deeds of Hephaestus and these
> two characters.

Somewhere I have them more carefully detailed. But Hesphaestus was
conceived by Hera without the need of a mate. When he was born, he was
so ugly and so his mother threw him off of Mt Olympus into the sea. But
he was rescued by the sea goddesses Thetis and Eurynome. They set him up
in a workshop in an undersea cave where he made made marvelous works of
craftmanship. In his workshop, Hesph had mechanical women who operated
as his assistants. One day Hera saw Thetis wearing a broach that Hesph
had made and demanded to know where she got it. She told her about Hesph
and so he was brought back to Olympus (in a parade that was very
reminiscent of Dionysus's coming to Olympus). So then one day, the
Olympians overthrew Zeus and bound him to a chair. Thetis identified
Hera, Poseidon, and Athena as the ring-leaders but Robert Graves
included Apollo. Then they began fighting over who would be the leader.
Thetis went down to Tartaros and released the Briareus, the hundred
armed monster that Kronos and imprisoned there. With his speedy arms he
was able to untie Zeus before the others knew what had happened. Now
back in power, Zeus turned his wrath against Hera. According to Graves
again, Hesphaestus came to the defense of his mother and so Zeus blasted
him with his lighting bolt, knocks him off the mountain (again) at which
point he was lamed. Then Zeus hanged Hera from Mt Olympus (the heavens)
by a golden chain.

So Silk performs the deeds of Hesphaestus on Mt. Olympus and Auk
performs his deeds in his undersea cave.
Quetzal says that the ring-leaders who "killed" Pas as Echidna, Scylla,
Molpe, and Hierax and says "there may have been others".
In the caves of Lake Limna, Auk --armed with a keyword "Thetis" and
Chenille (recently possessed by the sea goddess Scylla)-- released the
prisoners (hundred-handed Briarius) from the hellish Alambrera pits as
part of the plan to resurrect Pas
(http://urth.org/whorlmap/binding_zeus.htm).  Also, at his side is the
black mechanic, Incus, whom I argue is actually Maytera Corn (ear of
corn) --a mechanical woman-- who will later assist him in his work of
repairing Sand.

As for Silk, well, for starters it helps to recognize that there are
associations between Hy and Silk's mom, but it is not necessary. During
their conversation, Silk _defends_ Echidna's celibacy rule. Then Hy
jumps up on the bed with her azoth (both a lighting bolt and a golden
chain). She fires her azoth at him, sending him tumbling out of the
window where he is lamed. This event is a combination of Hesph being
cast off of Mt Olympus by Hera and by Zeus.

u+16b9