(urth) Typee, incidentally

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 14 09:08:23 PST 2010

I think it is the Hierogrammates rather than the Hierodules who have
this rather high-handed attitude. The two actual Hierodules we see
most of, Barbatus and Famulimus, although they are in alliance with
the Hierogrammates, seem to be aware of their limitations. It is
Famulimus who says something along of the lines of [you see life as a
struggle, but] 'have you not thought it might be something more?',
which prompts Severian to seek reconciliation with Juturna.