(urth) Wind god

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 07:53:55 PST 2010

> But in fact there is no particular evidence that there is a Catholic
> Church in the Solar Cycle, except that a religion that has some
> similarities to it is described as being a parody of some undescribed
> state religion (this information comes from an alien vampire who was
> never on Urth).  But there are several pieces of evidence for the
> existence of Jesus. In BotNS itself, there is no real evidence for
> either.

I think the information came from Lemur...but, okay, he had never been
on Urth either. Still, the rituals of the Charter map one-to-one with
the Catholic Church. And the Chrasmological Writings contain references
from the Gospels.

As for evidence in BotNS itself, I offer Andrew and Matthew's analysis:

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Andrew Mason
<andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com <mailto:andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com>>
wrote:

    Also. Severian dreams of a ritual taking place in the Citadel chapel
    at a time before the old sun was darkened, which involves bread, wine
    and a knife - not exactly the Christian eucharist, but something like
    it.

Matthew Weber replied-
In the Eastern Orthodox liturgy, the (leavened) bread used in Communion
is cut with a triangular-bladed knife, referred to as the Spear.

u+16b9