(urth) Wind god

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sat Nov 6 19:48:44 PDT 2010

On 11/5/2010 1:11 PM, António Pedro Marques wrote:
> Given that Lee customarily says something to the effect of 'sorry if I'm
> unintentionally doing that (bending/falsifying the evidence)' and then does
> it again at the next opportunity, I'm inclined to think it's a memory
> problem. Otherwise his professing unintentionality would be dishonest,
> which
> I find hard to believe.

If that is the case, I regret doing so and would apologize except that
threatens to initiate an infinite loop of renewing the forgotten offense
in the act of apologizing to the truly forgetful person.

> (Unintentional errors are quite possible given the source material, but
> not to the point of obstinating, and as time goes by one should become
> more alert.)
>
>> Unfortunately, it would also be a pathological symptom, like the hypoxia
>> from my sleep apnea that makes me just dumber than dirt on some days, and
>> never as sharp as I could be or even was 2-3 years ago.
>
> Is there nothing that can be done about it?

I could whiff supplemental oxygen, but regulation places the cost of
medical oxygen above what I can pay, and I'm not quite ready to endanger
my family by making my own at home, or myself by using industrial
delivery equipment, and I haven't quite been able to figure out how to
obtain some of the relatively unregulated aviation oxygen gear.  I did
manage to score a sanctioned breathing apparatus, at an inflated but
bearable one-time cost, which probably saved my life at one point, but
once I improved past the point of physical danger the process of
entering sleep while submitting to a face-hugging apparatus became
almost as restful as it would have been with the cinematic creature with
which most people here are doubtless familiar.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >