(urth) Wind god

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 5 15:06:00 PDT 2010

Lee Berman wrote:
.

> When you say "this is not theologically accurate, of course", do you mean because the story
> implies Jesus was a man who was possessed by The Outsider god, rather than having been born
> a deity or holy Savior?

Yes.

>Possession does seem to imply more of demonic presence, yes?

That I'm not so sure about. The idea of a god taking over a prophet
and speaking through them, which seems to be roughly what possession
means here, has some respectable antecedents. I meant inaccurate
because it falls short of what Christians believe about Jesus, rather
than because it connotes anything bad.