(urth) Proper Use of Subject Lines

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri May 21 07:59:30 PDT 2010

On 5/21/2010 9:01 AM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
> n my experience, it is unless you have a moderator with the ability
> and the will to enforce pertinent subject
I have, in the past, attempted to change the subject lines of threads as
they moved OT. Maybe half or less of the participants followed. If the
particular email that prompted them to responded did not have a changed
subject, they didn't change it. Probably, because they didn't care about
it as much as me or Mr. Brewer. Or, in the respondents opinion, their
response *did* have to do with the original subject line. Hopeless cause.

On the upside, it is generally easy to tell when a discussion's wagon
train has moved on. If I've lost interest, I stop following it entirely.
With that method --although it's not neat and orderly, the problem is
mostly solved.

J.