(urth) Gene Wolfe

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Thu May 20 20:53:54 PDT 2010

There are things that are under your control and things that are not under
your control.

I often receive mails that I do not wish to read and do not read.

I follow this simple procedure, which I recommend to you.

My mailer exposes normally four to half a dozen lines of the post.

I can tell if I wish to read it from those lines.

If I do not wish to read a post, I look at it for perhaps a quarter of a
second, and delete it.

I then spend absolutely no time bitching, whining, complaining or
protesting. I move right on the next post.

You understand, the exact number of lines is unimportant. You don't even
have to read them all.

.