(urth) started my second read of New Sun

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Mon May 17 12:16:32 PDT 2010

It's heresy to say that man will "replace" God.

It would not be heresy to suggest that the purpose of divine grace is for
mankind to gradual become more like God.  In fact that is orthodoxy (there's
even a cool word for it, theosis, the process of becoming like God).  And
given infinite time and God's own infinitity, mankind will infinitely *divinize
*without reaching *divinity.*