(urth) hello, anyone want to talk BOTNS? If so - Jolenta and her Guild?

Jane Delawney jane_delawney at sky.com
Sun May 30 16:23:43 PDT 2010

Well Jack you are so right and I am so embarrassed!

Nothing to do to 'fess up and say that I plain didn't see that 'I' in
there ... back to the Work after some 15 years I have  to admit and may
be reading in stuff that isn't there for sure.

It's the case though isn't it - every time you come back to this book,
you see something different. Even though, on occasion, it may be
something that isn't there at all :) Possibly wishful thinking I have to
say - perhaps, or perhaps not, occasioned by reading Borski before going
back to BOTNS itself.

Would be interested to hear others' opinions of Borski by the way, he's
quite the Kabalist isn't he?

peace

JD

btw all - now half way through book 2 as I mentioned after quite a
number of years, and there are several things that stand out now. Never
before quite noticed that the phrase that gets the "old Autarch" so
twitched is 'Then you can show me where the garden is'.

In context that should be Garden, nu? The Autarch only at that moment
realises that his greeting of a couple of pages earlier ('Welcome,
Death') was all too appropriate. He still knows that Severian is the
one, his later small sense of relief is only that of one who has a
temporary reprieve, not that of one who has been pardoned entirely.