(urth) Wolfe as Heretic

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Thu May 20 20:40:34 PDT 2010

On 5/20/2010 10:26 PM, brunians at brunians.org wrote:
> It's also established for people who have had similar experiences to mine.
>
> Knowledge is based upon experience.

I happen to agree with this very strongly, in that the qualities of the
knowledge is often very heavily dependent on the qualities of the
experience. I have objective knowledge that springs from objective
experience as well as subjective knowledge that springs from very
personal, subjective experiences. But I am careful to distinguish
between them where they disagree. I am not the buddha, but I have
grasped this bit of the buddha-nature.

> I have in fact discussed such things with folks who have had similar
> experiences.

Do you have objective reasons to think they have, or is the belief based
on their consistent assertion that they have?

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >