(urth) SINGLE Gene Wolfe literature universe?

Milton Jackson miltonwjackson at gmail.com
Tue May 11 07:25:43 PDT 2010

Well, it's as legitimate a point of speculation as anything else. Personally
I don't care either way, and I don't read the books and stories wondering if
they all mesh into the same universe. I just don't think it means Wolfe is
unoriginal if they are. You are right though about its being an academic
exercise by and large. More interesting to me by far than whether the
stories all exist on the same timeline in some metauniverse is how Wolfe
develops his ideas in each and how compelling he makes the presentation.