(urth) The Star Trump

Arnaud Louis-Dam arnaud.louisdam at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 03:37:12 PDT 2010

Hello,

I've noticed that in chapter 12 (p95) Bax refers to " a pheasant sitting on the limb of a pine", when he describes a dress he bought as a gift for "Winkle Inari".
On the Trump (17) of the "Tarot de Marseille" which is The Star there's such a picture of a bird on a tree. I find it hard to believe that Bax's depiction of the dress doesn't have a hidden purpose, and the association with this trump ("L'Etoile") fits quite well.
Since Chapter 18 was already linked with the Star (because of lycanthropy, although I just can't see why lycanthropy and the Star shall have anything in common) this seems to weaken the case of a one-to-one association beetween chapters and Trumps.