(urth) The Sorcerer's House Questions (*Major Spoilers*)

James Crossley ishmael at drizzle.com
Tue Mar 30 23:18:10 PDT 2010

On 3/30/10 6:55 PM, "Thomas Bitterman" <tom at bitterman.net> wrote:

> Bax has two audiences: Millie and the general public.  Millie is the most
> important - he needs to woo her (and anger George) and uses her fondness for
> fantastic stories to do it.  The general public will be dissuaded from looking
> too closely at the dodgy transactions involved due to the fantastic stories
> surrounding them.  And last, Bax wants to brag.

It¹s just possible that Bax (or someone) might construct a bizarre fantasy
to pull the wool over Millie¹s eyes, but frankly, she seems too
simple-minded to appreciate the convoluted way the fantasy is laid out, so
that part of the argument isn¹t very convincing to me.

As for the general public being less inclined to examine dodgy financial
transactions because of a barely-coherent cover story involving facefoxes,
silver bullets, vampires and sorcerers, I¹m afraid that¹s completely
implausible.

James