(urth) Minor AEG note

Allen Short washort42 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 11:01:24 PDT 2010

In case anyone missed the significance of Gideon ordering the
"Renaissance French Toast" at the beginning of chapter 6, it's from a
joke usually attributed to Steven Wright:

  "I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time.' So I
ordered French Toast during the Renaissance."

Other than a clever allusion to restaurants like International House
of Pancakes that serve breakfast all day, could this be another hint
at the time-travel themes in the story? (Also, what's with the
constant food references? This got brought up early on but I don't
recall any significant exploration of it...)