(urth) the beauty of Wolfe's writing

Allan Anderson rubel at goosemoon.org
Mon Mar 22 08:43:56 PDT 2010

I remember that one fondly, but even more so--D'Aulaire's "Norse Gods and
Giants"...or I think it's been re-titled "Book of Norse Myths"

Andrew Lang's color fairy books are good stuff; I read many of them as a kid
myself.

Consider Michael Berenstain's "The Troll Book" as well.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 8:25 AM, John Watkins <john.watkins04 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, very highly.  Perfect for kids.
>

> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Son of Witz <sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org>wrote:
>
>> no. but I'm looking for a good one. would you recommend it?
>>

>> On Mar 22, 2010, at 7:30 AM, John Watkins wrote:
>>
>> Do you have D'Aulaire's Book of Greek Myths?
>>>

>> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Son of Witz <sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org>
>>> wrote:
>>> Stu, I think I'm going to start the Long and Short again very soon.
>>>
>>> I'm sure some of y'all have read those Coloured Fairy Books. I just
>>> picked up a few (Red, Brown and Green). Some great looking stuff in there.
>>> I'm simultaneously hoping they're "for kids" enough to read them to my son,
>>> and yet interesting enough for me to bother with. I'm not getting much out
>>> of reading him Harry Potter. :P
>>> He's just learning to read, but he can listen attentively and keep track
>>> of plots really well.  We've been reading a bit of Pyles King Arthur. super
>>> cool. (the illustrations in all of these book are awesome)
>>>
>>> ~witz
>>>

>>> On Mar 20, 2010, at 5:00 PM, Stuart Hamm wrote:
>>>
>>> Meant to reply to Bene's post..
>>> The Latrp books never resonated as deeply with me, but "Silk Nodded"
>>> almost made me cry I'm afraid to say..maybe because i was sad/happy that I'd
>>> made it through the 12 books!
>>>  "Sorcerers..." is an OK read, liking it better then AEG which really did
>>> nothing for me and the puzzlebox aspect is offputting at times...gonna
>>> restart the Sun series...
>>>

>>> Mobile   (415) 786-3624
>>> STUHAMM.COM <http://stuhamm.com/>
>>> FACEBOOK/STUARTHAMM