(urth) Urth & Earth (was "Travelling North aka, miscellaneous thoughts on Wolfe")

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Jun 4 13:03:16 PDT 2010

Pretty much, yes, and for both sexes (not just semen, but orgasms). They are either controlled, or controlled and released, for individuals of a certain status, or for everyone.

Generally, due to its near-universality, I'd take the idea as coming down from prehistorical shamanism. Which is not to say that it's wrong or irrational---in fact, I'd call it common sense.

But it's as much to do with magic as with religion, and magic underlies all religions in some way. As it does football, where young men are told not to indulge before a big game (or used to be).

Message: 1