(urth) more thoughts on Jolenta

Cliff Judge transentient at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:55:30 PDT 2010

So we've got these plain, poor girl waitign tables at a cafe who is
"discovered" by Dr. Talos, who "casts a glamour" on her to make her
superhot.

But something about what she said when the troupe split after the thiasus
struck me. She said they were going to "destroy" her.

And then there is the fact that her lifeless body, later, has circuitry and
stuff going on.

Now the clearest story here is that she was just a poor waitress, and Dr.
Talos' thaumaturgy involved prostheses to make her thighs and breasts plump,
her face and hair beautiful, and probably to give her confidence as well.

But Jonas was certainly an android, and he fell for her immediately and
completely. He once refers to her as "the woman you call Jolenta;" he had
another name for her, but perhaps he KNEW another name for her?

Could Jolenta have been an android as well? Perhaps she was an android the
whole time, and without bringing attention to this fact, Dr. Talos simply
recognized her as such when they first visited the cafe and thanked his
lucky stars that he found a model he could work with.

Jolenta ate food on a couple of occasions, didn't she? I believe Jonas is
shown to both eat and sleep. I have read it theorized that Dr. Talos is an
android built by Baldanders, and he does not eat, sleep, or require the
company of women, and we know that Jonas was in the process of fleshifying
himself. But still...the idea nags me with how robotic Jolenta seemed.

I also read a theory that the Lady Katherine woman was an android.....ooh.
Hey, wonder if they were the same person.