(urth) Appearances of Inire

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Jun 28 12:26:30 PDT 2010

It's one thing to suggest multiple Inires. He could probably handle
that. And if so, then one of them could be blind without them all being
blind. And I suppose the multiple names would be so he could keep
himself straight.

Also, since Father Inire himself never appears, it follows that he must
appear as something other than Father Inire.

But I agree with what I think is your skepticism: there is the principle
of conservation of characters, but this is overapplication. At this
rate, anyone (male) could be Inire after several hundred years, even
Severian if he works on his tan.