(urth) Someday they'll want us

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 05:46:01 PDT 2010

> Why have a robot raise the children?  It seems to me that it's to
> ensure that the education they receive is exactly the same.

The purpose of their education was to observe the differences in
intelligence and adaptability between the clone (N5) and the "control"
(David). This experiment could not be performed in a sterile environment
in any other setting. The variant chance experiences would be impossible
to calculate.

Presumably, the robot was the most educated person there.

Of course, I think there is a third, over-riding issue. Million was
performing the experiment, so he was the only one to do it. He was
observing N5 and the control, just as he was observing Maitre's
performance simultaneously.

U+16B9