(urth) Is Agia a Robot?

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Sat Jun 19 08:47:14 PDT 2010

From: "Ryan Dunn" <ryan at liftingfaces.com>
> Agilus is the obvious suspect here. The one who obsesses over Jovinian
> steel. The one whose image she has assumed. > The problem is just the
> misdirect with Hethor coming to their rag shop, which we are to assume
> Agia and Agilus inherited from their mother. Either that or simply take
> that story as a lie, and Hethor's as a truth.

If Agia really was Hethor's paracoita rather than a human woman - I'm less
than convinced of this, but there have been some interesting arguments made
to that effect - might not Agilus have been another such?  It might be that
male and female paracoitae look similar, perhaps even having interchangeable
parts.  Male ones being slightly built would save weight and space after
all, which would be convenient for someone who spends a lot of time in a
box, or at least convenient for his or her owner.  It would make them twins
in a real sense. Perhaps they ran off together when their spacecraft landed.

Nobody has to change their face.  In fact the possibility is added that Agia
is a different paracoita other than the one lost by Hethor, but Hethor
recognised her as being one, since they all have similar looks.

(If this is the case, I suspect the original owner of the rag shop met an
unfortunate end.)

- Gerry Quinn