(urth) Is Agia a Robot?

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Jun 18 11:57:57 PDT 2010

Well, that sounds like a very feminine revenge plot, or like a woman who
actually feels something for Hethor. I don't think so. I see Agia as
having been homicidal and power-hungry for a long time, regardless of
her physical makeup.

Here's a thought---would Agia-as-robot have any such human feelings?
Does she feel love for Agilus? The halo scene suggests so. I don't know
whether the gnostic twincestuous god-rulers scheme requires love or even
allows it, or if it matters. (It does in the pieces of gnosticism that
survived as alchemy.) I ask because it's possible that the love between
A/A is real and that it is actually holy in the God-is-love sense---a
bit of the Outsider leaking in.

Another thought: did Agia land, escape, and find Agilus? Or is Urth and
Agilus her home base? Would it be possible, given what we know of time
travel in the Urth universe, for a twin pair to stay close in age if
they want to, when one is a star sailor and would stay young? Probably,
since she can reverse direction and return to him.

If Agia is a robot, that problem goes away, as she can always look like
Agilus at any age. But she can still sign onto ships that take her back
to when Agilus is alive---she could be physically younger than Agilus,
or could spend decades with Agilus in the process of living hundreds of
years to his thirty or so.

Stop me if I'm starting to sound as crazy as the rest of you.