(urth) Is Agia a Robot?

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Jun 18 09:45:50 PDT 2010

It would be typical of Wolfe to hint that two characters are the same,
then stamp NOT THE SAME on them, and then make the explanation for why
they are the same anyway be the essence and purpose of the character.

Riddle: "I am a hottie who can change her eye color. What am I?"

I'd guess she can change her sex, too. Why build a sexbot that is only
one gender? How inefficient. Could she not then also make herself
resemble someone? A recent post commented that Agilus would have been
bankrupted by purchasing a sexbot that looked like him. But that's not
the only possible explanation.

Perhaps the sex doll found a protector in Agilus, as Severian actually
states, then made herself look like Agilus because that's what he's into.

Do we have a theory?