(urth) Is Agia a robot?

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Thu Jun 17 23:56:30 PDT 2010

On 6/18/2010 12:34 AM, Ryan Dunn wrote:

> Or what about:
>
> Agilus as cacogen (hierodule?), and Agia as robot clone.

Dude, top posting and not-trimming quoted material makes the baby
Theoanthropos cry.

>> Also, have you guys already discussed what were the runes and
>> strange
> maplike design she scrawled into the ground where she had thrown down
> Severian's orichalk?
>>
>> "When I left him, the orichalk was gone. In its place - and no doubt
> with its edge - a design had been scratched on the filthy stones. It
> might have been the snarling face of Jurupari, or perhaps a map, and it
> was wreathed with letters I did not know."

This sounds very much like some folk magic, suggesting Agia is part of a
mystery cult.

> Or the aureole of light which surrounded Agia and Agilus's joined
> heads when Severian barged in on them laying naked together
> face-to-face?
>
> "Inside a naked man lay upon straw. A chain ran from the iron collar
> bout his neck to the wall. A woman, naked too, bent over him, her
> long, brown hair falling past her face and his so that it seemed to
> unite them."
>
> "He stared at his hands, slender and rather soft, where they lay in
 > the narrow beam of sunlight that had given his head, and Agia's, an
 > aureole a few moments before."

The aureaole is the scattering of the bright sunlight by someone's
backlit hair, giving a halo effect. Here is a similar effect with a kitty:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/backlit%20afro/caitlinjean/backlit-1.jpg

http://preview.tinyurl.com/29jlag7

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at