(urth) traveling north

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Thu Jun 3 19:09:02 PDT 2010

On 6/3/2010 3:23 PM, John Watkins wrote:
> Are we to believe that Mohammed derived veneration of Jesus Christ and
> His mother from "corrupted Judaism" as well?   Mohammed's visitation by
> the Archangel Gabriel--that too is from Jewish tradition, primarily, and
> not Christian?

Gabriel appears in the OT as a messenger from G-d to the prophet Daniel.
It makes sense for him to appear to Mohammed, also a prophet.

Obviously Jesus is a Christian influence but demoting him to prophet
status is not indicative of a great deal of Christian influnce. Without
consideration of Christianity at all, you'd still have an Islam formed

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >