(urth) Corundum of the Claw

Lane Haygood lhaygood at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 08:16:35 PDT 2010

Here's a hypothesis I have:

(x)  Wolfe found gnostic, kabbalistic and other (quasi)heretical
notions interesting and plundered them for story material, eventually
coming up with a story about a young man's journey from outsider to
king to flawed savior of the world (which is itself a common enough
storyline).

This theory has the benefit of explaining the major themes and plot
points of the BOTNS, while explaining away neatly any conflict between
the theological grounding of Briah and that of the author,
spatiotemporally situated so near to us as he is.

yvt,
Lane