(urth) Someday they'll want us.

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Thu Jun 24 06:29:37 PDT 2010

  From: Adam Thornton
  On 06/24/2010 06:12 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:
    "Someday they'll want us" is the last line of _The Fifth Head of Cerberus_, written three years after the narrator's release from prison.  The subject, clearly, is Phaedria and her child.  Who are the "us" of the example?

  Did you read the novella standalone, as it appears in _Best Of_, or as part of the collection of three novellas published as _Fifth Head_?
Does it matter?

I read it as part of the collection, but I don't see what difference it could make.  All the action in the other two linked novellas (as well as all the other action in _Fifth Head_ ) takes place before this time.

- Gerry Quinn