(urth) Is Agia a robot?

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Sun Jun 20 21:14:37 PDT 2010

On Jun 20, 2010, at 9:43 PM, brunians at brunians.org wrote:

> Dorcas is small and delicate: she has little hands, I believe that is
> mentioned.
>
> Her eyes are close to purple...

Oh man, I can't even TRY to puzzle that one out. She IS a poppet candidate, though, I guess (?).

We would have to introduce time traveling or something into the equation, since there are several other characters in BotNS who can vouch for her (Boatman, Ouen, etc.).

But here's one interesting observation. Check out this scene switch from the end of Hethor's rant, to the very next scene scene...

.

"'Where is she, the beloved whom I lost?'

#

Dorcas had found a daisy for her hair..."

.

It doesn't make a lick of sense, as Hethor traveled with Dorcas and Severian without incident (though later we discover Hethor didn't want to be around Jonas). But it's something worth noting.

...ryan