(urth) Is Agia a Robot?

David Duffy davidD at qimr.edu.au
Sun Jun 20 15:30:15 PDT 2010

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010, David Stockhoff wrote:

> ---Her strength has another source
> ---She could still be the poppet
> ---Agilus could be her actual twin IF she's a genetic/flesh android or just
> human

Well, it's a common trope that opposite-sex dizygotic twins can be so
similar that they can cross-dress and confuse others, but in reality they
are will have an average brother-sister resemblance.  But in Urth, we know
about the khaibits, so it would be possible to produce genetically
identical twins aside from the sex chromosomes.  That would be closer to
the alchemical twinning, I guess. I always had the impression they were
unusually similar, but couldn't point to any particular descriptive
passages.

I guess the other thing is after losing Agilus, she becomes Severian's
evil twin ;)

Cheers, David Duffy.