(urth) Is Agia a robot?

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 20 14:50:24 PDT 2010

> From: "brunians at brunians.org" <brunians at brunians.org>
>
>> Who has purple eyes in the story?
>
> I won't answer that
because I'm afraid to get into a game with ancient,
> inviolable
rules that I don't know.  But if I were to answer it, I'd say

Thecla and presumably her khaibit.

>>Does any girl in
the story have notably small or delicate hands?

> Here I'd mention Thecla's khaibit.  I'd also say that Thecla has

"impossibly narrow" hands, which I picture as long and thin, like her
> body.  You may or may not picture them that way, and however you
picture
> them may or may not be what you mean by "small or
delicate".

>From: "brunians at brunians.org" <brunians at brunians.org>

>What color are Dorcas' eyes?

"The deep blue of the world-river Uroboros in my dreams" (/SotT/, Ch. XXVI).  "Bits of the azure firmament of some hidden world waiting for Man" (Ch. XXXV).  Those were the first two references I found.  Are there others that suggest anything different?

And what is the purpose of these questions?

I'm changing my answer to Antonio's question.  Maybe Agia and Agilus do make their living from avern duels with unwary travelers.  There must be some reason we're told twice in /SotT/, Ch. XXV, that Agia's been at the Inn of Lost Loves before.

Jerry Friedman