(urth) Is Agia a Robot?

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Jun 18 09:26:29 PDT 2010

I think now it makes perfect sense. Hethor describes a pliant slave. She
says she mastered him---previously, she had not mastered him---she was
not the master. She could have been nothing, per her story to Severian,
but she says she "should have mastered him." There was a "before" before
Hethor pursued her as a suitor.

(She could even be changing "Hethor chased me with monsters whom I slew"
to "I am just a poor girl with only a dirty old sailor as a suitor. He
wishes to marry me but I spoke a word and now he is my puppy." Wolfe
characters have divergent perspectives that direct their speech in
reference to identical events. In this case, it's a clash of genres:
sci-fi vs picaresque.)

Therefore they are the same. What changed?