(urth) Is Agia a Robot?

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Wed Jun 16 23:54:40 PDT 2010

So I was re-reading Shadow, and noticed something I had previously written off...

"I slapped her wrist, perhaps harder than I should, and she flew at me, clawing for my eyes as Thecla used sometimes to do when she could no longer bear the thoughts of imprisonment and pain. I pushed her away - not into a chair this time but against the wall. Her head struck the stone, and though it must have been padded by her abundant hair, the sound was as sharp as the tap of a mason's hammer."
(Shadow of the Torturer, Chap. 29, Agilus)

That last line. Her head hitting the stone. The tap of a mason's hammer would be very tinny and unusual of a human skull, don't you think?

Am I reading into this line too much, or might this be a clue as to the nature of these odd twins and their masks upon masks?

...ryan