(urth) Wall of Nessus

Mr Thalassocrat thalassocrat08 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 20:47:50 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Jeff Wilson <jwilson at io.com> wrote:

> At 25,000ft the Wall peeps over the horizon at a distance of about 200
>> miles, for somebody at sea level. For somebody at the top of a (say)
>> 300ft torturers' tower, it's around 175 miles.
>>

>  If the Wall is "only" a mile high, then it's maybe 75 miles or so from
>> the Citadel, and ~20 miles per day seems kind of reasonable.
>>

> The increased vantage height of the towers should let the Wall be visible
> from *farther* away, rather than constraining the distance closer.

Argh! I'd worry about early senility if I couldn't remember making stupid
mistakes like that even when I was young.

So figure around 125 miles away, for a mile high Wall just visible from a
300 ft torturers' tower. I guess that's probably too far, so you'd probably
have to cut the down the Wall height even further.