(urth) Wall of Nessus

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sun Jun 13 22:17:52 PDT 2010

This suggests to me that the Wall was there for the soldiers more than
the reverse; the soldiers didn't happen to take over the Wall as their
barracks, because it was built as their barracks. This theory combines a
response to fear of external enemies with a response to fear of internal
enemies. I like it.

If the Wall was also simply meant to overawe, that might be even more
effective against the people than against the Ascians et al.