(urth) Religious writers and audiences

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Sun Jun 6 18:36:23 PDT 2010

I think that the basic difference between atheists and most other people
is that atheists think that things happen all random like.

The default point of view seems to be that the World is planned and
directed in some way.

It's not always God who plans and directs it.

It's not always planned and directed in some kind of benign way.

It's not always planned and directed by the same agents.

There's two possible points of view: that the World is random, like, and
things happen for no particular reason, or that things are in some way
planned and directed.

I would like an atheist to explain to me why atheism is not found in nature.

Where is the ancient or traditional society that did not believe in
something, whether the ghosts of their grandparents, or the spirits of the
trees, or the fairies, or the planets or the mountains or the ocean or
angels or gods or God or the Devil or something else.

Is everyone except you and your buddies deluded?

Everybody else?

Only you know the truth?

This sounds really a lot like a religion, and not a gentle one.

.

.