(urth) Religious writers and audiences

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sun Jun 6 12:17:12 PDT 2010

I completely agree. Sometimes I think one could separate "principled" or organized atheism from unthinking atheism, but then there is probably too little of either to bother with. To me, anyone who insists on atheism is indulging in belief, not reason. Unfortunately, such people tend to represent us to the world at large.

At any rate, there is also deism, which, in proving that atheism and religion can coexist, also indicates that they are different domains. There is simply no point is trying to settle either question; we see the world as it serves us.

Message: 2