(urth) Urth & Earth (was "Travelling North aka miscellaneous thoughts on Wolfe")

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 14:44:53 PDT 2010

> Pas was recorded from Typhon's brain. Since that point their lives and experiences have been very different. Pas has had many years to think. Who would not be a different person after that many years?

What I'm saying is that Pas is as much Typhon as the Typhons Severian
encountered in the The Book of the New Sun and the Urth of the New Sun.
Maybe he's changed a lot from the creation of the Whorl. Maybe he's
worse after all those centuries of children being sacrificed to him.
Maybe not, though. The Typhon Severian met did not strike me as a man of
introspection.