(urth) Urth & Earth (was "Travelling North aka miscellaneous thoughts on Wolfe")

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 12:50:00 PDT 2010

> Because Wolfe is also playing with the notions of an anti-Christ or
> demiurge.  Falsity and pretence to authority are pretty key parts of
> those notions.

Well, it works for that too.
Like I said, one could argue that the religion on which the Chapter is
based is not the Catholic Church, but I think that is quite cumbersome
and distracts from the parallels and themes that (I think) Wolfe is
intentionally toying with. It's unsatisfying to me.

> (And frankly Pas is a lot more demiurge than anti-Christ.)

I could not agree more than I am agreeing at this very moment. See my
conversation with David Stockhoff.