(urth) Urth & Earth (was "Travelling North aka miscellaneous thoughts on Wolfe")

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 12:23:36 PDT 2010

Well, no, obviously not...

I guess what I'm asking is, do that parallels between the Chapter and the
Catholic Church rise to the level that within the fictive universe there
must be a cause-and-effect relationship between them, or can they be
interpretted as merely have a metafictive causal relationship, i.e., the
author is a Catholic with something to say and playing around with ideas
that are familiar to him?