(urth) travelling north

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 13:07:36 PDT 2010

Re: conciliation

I think that sort of says it all, right?  "Reconciliation."  Orthodox
(little-o) Christians certainly believe that Christ "reconciled" God and man
which is more or less the way Severian describes his role.

Incidentally, this is how the word "reconciled" pops up in the Easter Vigil
liturgy:

"How blessed is this night, when earth and heaven are joined and man is
reconciled to God.

Holy Father, accept our evening sacrifice, the offering of this candle in
your honor. May it shine continually to drive away all darkness. *May
Christ, the Morning Star who knows no setting*, find it ever burning--he who
gives his light to all creation, and who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
Amen."

It does not go on, "You, the hero who slays the black worm that devours the
Sun"...but it might.