(urth) traveling north

Pedro Pereira domus_artemis at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 07:57:53 PDT 2010

Severian travelled back in time and became the Conciliator. So the Jesus "equivalent" already happened in Urth's past. And maybe Jesus too further in the past, and maybe Severian and the drowning of the World is the Second Coming or something. I don't know, I don't really know much about this kind of stuff, I'm not even religious.

I don't really know but I don't think I can agree with this:

"The Urth we are reading about
is much older than our current Earth but being stunted in its
spiritual growth is still troubled by some of the ills which
plagued our pagan ancestors."

Do the believers among you really believe that Humanity is much "enlightened" now than it was at the time of our "pagan ancestors" (not to mention that Christianism isn't even the biggest religion around)? Is that what Wolfe is going for in these books? I don't know, but Severian/Conciliator rings like "Jesus" (probably second comming) to me.