(urth) Typhon's heads

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 16:40:57 PDT 2010

>Dan'l- Ummmmm..... the one that talks is Typhon. Piaton is unable to speak
>but mouths a message to Severian. There is enough information to determine
>the rest from that fact.

>James Wynn: I recall that Sev determines this in his conversation with
>Typhon in UotNS.

Well, not quite so simple to determine. But using these two clues together I
found what I never had put together before. Thanks fellas!

I always knew that the left head was blonde and the right head was dark haired.
But Wolfe took pains to never say which head was speaking, during that sequence.
But in UotNS, Wolfe does say it was the left head which speaks, though not
mentioning hair color.

So Typhon is blonde, which jibes nicely if you suspect Silk is a Pas/Typhon clone.