(urth) Juturna, the Missing Sister

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:38:19 PDT 2010

>Jeff Wilson- Isn't is customary for children stolen by fairies or selkies or the
>Erlkoenig to be given a new name as well?  Severa the apprentice witch
>could have been snatched any time she went swimming in Gyoll or had been
>left unattended for a few moments near the water.
>And Juturna/Severa could have any color hair under the alage.

My assumption was that, like Idas, all the undines have white/albino hair. The green
algae color wouldn't work so well atop a brunette.

I put a lot of stock in the undines' claim to be daughter-brides of Abaia. The
Tzadkiel/sponge sexual/asexual reproduction model works for me.

I'm not sure if that can fit in with this scenario of Severian's twin being dragged
underwater as a child to be transformed into an undine. Some sort of Corn Maiden?
But if that's what happened I can certainly see her name being changed to match the
lake.